About Us
About Canada
Contact Us

Family class sponsorship

To be eligible for Family Class Sponsorship, individuals who wish to immigrate to Canada must have a close relative willing to sponsor them and that relative must either be a Canadian citizen or a Canadian Permanent Resident.
it is important to help families who come from other countries to reunite in Canada. If you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, you can sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, dependent child (including adopted child) or other eligible relative (such as a parent or grandparent) to become a permanent resident.
If you sponsor someone to come to Canada as a permanent resident, you are responsible for supporting that person financially when he or she arrives. As a sponsor, one must make sure your spouse or relative does not need to seek financial assistance from the government.

To qualify under Canada Family Class Sponsorship:

1.The relationship between the Sponsor and the Sponsored must be one of the following:

  • Spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner; or
  • Parent or grandparent; or
  • Dependent child; or
  • Brother, sister, nephew, niece, or grandchild who is orphaned, under 18 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship; or
  • Intended adopted child under 18 years of age; or
  • Other relative, if the Sponsor has no relative listed above and no relatives who are Canadian citizens or Canadian Permanent Residents (limited to one relative  only).

2. The Sponsored Person must have a Sponsor who:

  • Is a Canadian citizen or a Canadian Permanent Resident; and
  • Meets the family class sponsorship requirements.

Both, the Sponsor and Sponsored Person must follow the appropriate Canada Family Class Immigration application process.

(c) All rights reserved with Scholar Immigration & Business Consultants (Canada) Inc.